Let's Break Down the Different glues.

THE BREAK DOWN OF THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF GLUES!


Not everyone will use the same glue as the crafter that is demonstrating, but I am going to give you 
the break down of the glues I prefer to use when Crafting.

We all have a specific glue we tend to gravitate towards more and that is ok.  I know that as a crafter throughout the years I have experimented with several types of glues and not all will work for certain projects that I have in mind.

So, the following are the glues I use and why:


HOT GLUE...
Omg, I love Hot Glue and I have been using this glue since I was a young crafter my bedroom
Surebonder Mini Detailed Gun is the BEST!!!!!!!
    • It's fast drying, and it pretty much can be used in just about anything.  I don't think I have yet encountered anything it didn't glue down to.
      • Can be used on paper, fabric, wood, chipboard, metal, glass, and plastic.
      • Now with its amazing glory comes the downfall and its that they must be plugged in. So, it depends on electric in order to operate.  Even if you have a cordless glue gun you still need to plug in the base and charge up the glue gun in order for the glue sticks to melt.
      • Also be caution when working with a glue gun and with the hot glue sticks, because they can definitely burn you.  Should not be used by kids, and use caution when working with a glue gun.
      • MY PERSONAL preference is Surebonder.  The Surebonder mini detailed glue gun is perfect for any of my craft projects.  I have used this glue gun for paper, wood, metal, and fabric, it has never failed me.  
    • Surebonder Detailed Glue Gun is my CRAFTER'S choice!!!!!
Fine Tip Glue Gun
Check out my Amazon Associated Program link for this glue gun on the right-hand side.


Liquid Glue:
    • I have always been a big fan of Scotch Quick Dry because it's fast drying yet it allows me to have enough time to move my work around if I need to move anything.  However, in recent months I have discovered that although its awesome on paper it's not so great with Chipboard.  So....., I have since discovered Tonic Craft Tacky Glue. I haven't been using Tonic Craft Tacky Glue that long. But, I have to say that it is a great glue. This Scotch Quick Dry is glue heaven for chipboard.  Not only does it give you the wiggle room to move things around by it adheres chipboard to chipboard so beautifully.  I am in glue heaven with Tonic's Craft Tacky Glue.
Tonic CRAFT TACKY GLUE 120ML 419E Preview Image

Permanent Adhesive Tape:

I can't leave home without it and my glue gun.

Finally, my last personal preference is scor-tape.  I am a fan of Scor-Tape and I stock them up in various sizes:  1/2", 1/4", 1/8"

However, use the 1/4" Scor-Tape more than any other size.  This adhesive is definitely one that makes life easy when creating 3D projects.

Scor-Pal SP202 Scor-Tape, 0.25 by 27-Yard

I do not like using pink sticky tape or any other imitation out in the market.  It's either this tape or none at all.

So, as you see I have a list of personal preferences, but again it's my personal preference.  What's your personal preference?


I have since learned that the double-sided tape from Dollar Tree works great. I use it on a lot of my projects.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Permission Graphics Fairy Terms & Copyright

Vintage Sparkle pocket letter #Decor8yourlife